Sunday, February 21, 2010

Expired Pears at Wal-Mart

I just bought these canned pears yesterday (Great Value, which is the Wal-Mart store brand) and they're already a year past their expiration date. I decided to give them a try but they were mealy. I opened up a second can I also bought yesterday (expiration date 2012) and those tasted fine.

Who among us is going to stand in line at the service desk to get reimbursed for a can of pears? Not me. Oh, well, I will say that this is the first time I've run into this at Wal-Mart.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

One thing I can tell you is that Shop Rite of Derby ALWAYS has expired goods on their shelves (check out the tortillas sometime, you have to dig through a dozen pkgs before getting to a "good" one.. I rarely shop there anymore because of this. Also, too many times to count, I'd pick up a piece of produce there, only to have it completely moldy by the next day...when it hadn't even ripened yet! Not to mention how some of the produce IN store is just nasty...picked up an apple and my thumb went right through its rot. Ew! Same day, the same thing happened w/ a cucumber. That store is just dirty and gross. I'm REALLY hoping the new one opening in Shelton will be held to a higher standard.

Post a Comment